Partnerships Officer : UNOPS
Partnerships Officer at United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) has published a job circular for the position of Partnerships Officer.
About the job
Under the overall supervision of the Partnerships Specialist the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Scan partnerships opportunities (facilitate assessments of client needs, UNOPS comparative advantages, and partner survey analysis, among others);
- Liaise extensively with Government departments, local government and ministries at operational levels to promote UNOPS engagement, visibility and operations in Bangladesh
- Provide support in formulation and implementation of annual Partnerships work plans;
- Support active promotion of UNOPS services by building a network of key partners and clients, keeping abreast of social, economic, and political trends;
- Support establishing contacts with potential partners and organizing high-level meetings and negotiations, and prepare subsequent plan of action and follow-up for potential partnership development opportunities;
- Actively participate in the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programmes;
- Draft concept notes and technical briefs for further discussion with partners and donors;
- Identify potential partners to pursue new partnership opportunities and ensure portfolio growth by promoting quality service to maintain a competitive edge;
- Prepare letters for Expression of Interest for potential partnerships when considered consistent with UNOPS’ mandate, goals and development strategy;
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals for tenders or donors’ requests.
- Close interaction with Programme/Project staff to share information and knowledge; and to provide proactive support and follow-up in building and maintaining effective partner relations;
- Carry out field visits for needs assessments for potential engagements;
- Liaise with UN partner agencies, governmental and non-governmental organizations for programme development and information dissemination purposes;
- Attend the relevant working groups and coordination meetings; Contributes to UN and/ or national planning processes and engage with the Partnerships Team to seek necessary guidance and support;
- Draft agreements for the implementation of new projects, addressing questions and issues raised by colleagues and ensuring their expeditious approval;
- Support the engagement acceptance process on internal ERP system including engagement reviews;
- Review and comment on technical and progress reports prepared by projects and provision of advice as needed to improve content and quality;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, political science, international relations or related fields. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience project development, report writing, strategic planning including experience at the international level, partnerships and fundraising.
- Experience working on development and/or humanitarian assistance in the region is required.
- Previous experience in the UN is desirable. Experience dealing with bilateral and multilateral donors is required.
- Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Full working knowledge of English and Bengali is essential.
Job categories: Partnerships
Vacancy code: VA/2022/B5514/24519
Department/office: AR, SAMCO, Bangladesh
Duty station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
Contract level: LICA Specialist-8
Duration: Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Application period: 24-Aug-2022 to 07-Sep-2022
Application Dead Line: 7 September 2022.
Job Source: UNHRC Job Circular