Project Officer : BDRCS
Project Officer at Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS)
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society has published a job circular for the position of Project Officer.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
The Red Cross – Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971. This is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh. As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable people over the last 52 years and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster management, health, capacity building and in promoting Red Cross/Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for suitable Bangladeshi candidate for the following position of Urban Resilience Building through Advance Networking in South East and Asia project.
|Job title||Project Officer – UDRR|
|Reporting to||AD and FbF Coordinator, DCRM Department|
|Contract||12 months (Up to 31st December 2023)|
|Location||National Head Quarters (NHQ), Moghbazar, Dhaka|
|Salary Structure||BDT. 60,000 to 65,000 Per month (Consolidated)|
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Assisting Director, Planning and Development of BDRCS in implementing and coordinating respective UDRR project activities.
- Close coordination for implementation of agreed BDRCS UDRR project activities.
- Support to implement the UDRR Project (operational and financial management) for ensuring the Project objectives (e.g., Fellowship program, Coordination, innovation and capacity building of related activities).
- Support and coordinate with BDRCS relevant Departments/Programs/Projects.
- Prepare/support to prepare monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly annual plans along with required budget for UDRR Project.
- Prepare and document project progress reports, successes, challenges, and project experiences to assist organizational learning.
- Prepare/support to prepare different Tools, guideline, ToR, IEC materials relevant to the Project.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor UDRR project activities with Institutions, academia, DDM and relevant stakeholder.
- Guide and supervise the project activities implementation as per requirements under the guidance from Director of DCRM department.
- Participation in various workshop, seminar, meeting, and other events (GoB & other organizations).
- Ensure project resources are used properly and immediately bring to the attention of the Director of respective department in NHQ.
- Organize monthly/ bi-monthly/ quarterly program team coordination meetings and to share the meeting minutes with concerned person.
- Developing/capturing, case studies, stories, the most significant changes, visibility and sharing with BDRCS, IFRC, German Red Cross (GRC) as well as relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring all Program files, records, archives and databases (documentation, meeting minutes, etc.) are kept in good order and updated when required.
- Check and verify all Program bill, vouchers and forward to BDRCS financial department.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties that may be required by the BDRCS authority.
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Geography and Environment, Statistics, Disaster Management, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
Experience Requirements: At least 4 year(s)
- Working experience with Development Sector or RCRC Movement will get preference. Youth and Volunteering in BDRCS with relevant experience will be an advantage
Skills and abilities:
- Understanding on Strong project cycle management skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and staff management skills.
- Good facilitation and presentation, communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and Teamwork skills.
- Working with different groups and nationalities.
- Sound analytical and influencing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines, identify priority activities and assignments, adjust priorities as required.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English and Bangla.
- Computer skills on MS word, Excel, Power point.
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles and values of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement.
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct and strong ethics with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Common understanding on Gender issues, CEA mechanism including other cross-cutting issues
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience to work with a humanitarian response will be an added advantage.
- Work experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement will be preferable.
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with members in the team and supporting partners Associate Volunteer/ Unit Level Officer/ Director/ Program team for any requirements based on the Program.
- Departmental clearance will be required for internal candidates.
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please apply online before 5:00 pm, December 15, 2022.
Job Source: Bdjobs Job Circular