BRAC : Project Officer, WASH
Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion), WASH, HCMP at BRAC
The leading NGO in Bnagladesh, BRAC has recently published a job circular for Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion), WASH, HCMP.
This Position will be responsible for supervision of the overall hygiene promotion activities, facilitate hygiene relevant training and meetings and reporting the hygiene promotion activities to concerned stakeholders.
- Facilitate and supervise weekly hygiene awareness campaigns in markets and public areas in project areas.
- Through community hygiene promoters, conduct daily monitoring visit to WASH facilities to ensure that the whole WASH system is well functional with less risks and other WASH facilities to ensure best uses.
- Follow and ensure that gender, protection, local culture, and other important cross-cutting concerns are taken into account in program implementation, and reporting.
- Plan and ensure the distribution of hygiene kits and promote effective use of all distributed hygiene items.
- Design BCC/IEC materials related to the hygiene activities and develop the associate
- Setting up of children hygiene clubs and conducting hygiene promotion activities in
- Provide detail plan and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) for Hygiene kits and top up kits distribution beside other hygiene materials.
- Follow up House to house hygiene session activities, prepare and compile CHPs report on weekly and monthly basis.
- Guide and assist WASH committee in community mobilization and sensitization for WASH activities.
- Ensure Do No Harm, Sphere guideline and CHS introduced in community engagement.
- Liaise with engineers in General cleaning up campaign and ensure that solid waste is well and safely disposed.
- In collaboration with WASH Project Manager ensure budget planning and logistic
- arrangements for day to day hygiene promotion activities: making and follow-up of internal purchase request, quality control of material delivered by suppliers, planning team movements with logistics.
- Draft the filed visit, PDM and training reports in quality and submit to the deputy team lead.
- Conducting Trainings (for community volunteers, teachers, and health workers) on hygiene promotion and basic mobilization skills.
- Writing weekly report to line manager, and verbal reports whenever necessary.
- Preparation of session plan and training reports for all sorts of trainings.
- Maintaining all the hard records of hygiene promotion activities at office level and ensuring soft data is maintained for all hygiene promotion activities.
- Ensure time sheets/field report of all hygiene team submitted well on time.
- Trains and informs existing and new staff on budget procedures, making sure that they are understood and adhered to according to each donor’s requirements, also keeping everyone updated on any changes to these.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and
- exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Work at office
- Bachelor/ Masters in any discipline from any recognized university with minimum second class/division or equivalent GPA/CGPA in all academic examinations.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Knowledge on development and WASH Sector
- Proven and good understanding of community-based approaches
- Computer Literacy (MS-Word, Excel, power point etc.)
- Presentation skills
- Report preparing
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Supportive supervision
- Team building ( positive reinforcement , collaboration and partnering)
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf, Ukhia)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
- Festival Bonus: 2
Last Date of Application: August 30, 2022
Job Source: BRAC Career