Senior Programme Officer : ActionAid
Senior Programme Officer – GP Global Secretariat at ActionAid Bangladesh
ActionAid Bangladesh has recently published a job circular for the position of Senior Programme Officer – GP Global Secretariat.
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Senior Programme Officer – GP Global Secretariat
|Directorate||:||Programme, Policy & Campaigns|
|Project Name||:||Global Platform (GP) Project|
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka|
|Types of contract;||:||Contractual|
|Duration||:||Up to 31 December 2023, if not extended|
|Number of position||:||1 (one)|
|Salary and benefits||:||Monthly Gross Salary will be BDT. 75,705 with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance, mobile & internet allowance etc, as per HROD Policy|
ActionAid (AA) is a global federation addressing the issues of global justice through system change. ActionAid considers young people as catalysts of system change in terms of achieving social justice, economical justice and environmental justice to be fulfilled.
AA believes that young people have the power to build a just, sustainable, and equitable world where everyone’s rights are respected, resources are equitably redistributed, and all are able to lead a resilient and dignified life. ActionAid positions itself as an ally with young people on their local and international struggles.
AAB has a long experience of working with the young people inside the country and with the global secretariat. AAB collaborates with AADK over the last few years to promote youth-led programming and mobilize young people to address social and climate justice in ActionAid Federation. AA Bangladesh and AADK have a strong history of cooperation and partnership. As one step forward with the existing collaboration, both AAB and AADK decided to set-up a unit of GP Global Secretariat in Bangladesh. The GP secretariat supports the Global Platform network and facilitates for the concept to be practiced based on a shared approach to youth engagement. This initiative is meant to promote localization process of Global Platform methodologies with respect to capacity development intervention of young people and supporting youth-led mobilization.
The Global Platform network has over the past years developed as a concept in developing youth programming within the ActionAid federation and is a vibrant and global network of youth-led spaces facilitating for radical embodiment and youth-led change. The Global Platforms (GPs) are spaces where young people exchange knowledge, organize, and take action for transformative change. There are now 23 locally rooted GPs mainly in urban areas. These GPs are instrumental in ActionAid’s vision to capacitate young people.
Accordingly, GP Secretariat unit in Bangladesh is supposed to be collaborated with other GPs supported by AADK particularly in the areas of youth-led climate action and localization of youth hub interventions.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Support to develop plans, coordinate yearly activities and support to implement youth-led actions in GP networks
- Support to develop detailed activity plans in cooperation with the focal persons of AAB and AADK, setting up timelines and necessary mechanism.
- Take active initiative to implement the plan for achieving intended objectives.
- Coordinate with the other GPs for implementation of actions, developing documents and sharing of learnings.
- Take initiative for linking the Global Platform effort from local to national and international level as part of promoting localized youth hub model across the GP countries.
- Support Global Platforms for youth led climate action from planning to implementation.
- Coordinate with youth programming of AAB and Global Platform Bangladesh to ensure the involvement of GP Global Secretariat unit with youth led action on the targeted areas and issues.
- Collaborate in the country level plan on youth programming for team coordination and harmony.
- Support to carry forward discussion with AAB and AADK (GP secretariate) about the potential future collaboration.
Convene and facilitate the meetings
- Plan and facilitate monthly meetings and knowledge sharing sessions in collaboration with GP Secretariate staff and engaging with the other GPs.
- Arranging meetings both online and in-person to implement the action plans as and when required.
- Maintaining regular correspondences with AAB and AADK for the effective implementation of the intervention.
- Facilitate regular follow up intervention.
Reporting and sharing the learnings
- Document the learnings and share learnings and experiences of the envisaged intervention with other countries in the cooperation.
- Extract learnings and best practices and ensure it is shared at bi-monthly or monthly meetings,/ webinars or seminars.
- Coordinate with the youth programming and global platform Bangladesh for the production of the Best Practice Materials (e.g. video, training, infographic, short reports, etc.) in cooperation with AADK.
- Ensure the outcomes of the interventions can be used and showcased in a shared language with the parties in concern.
Support to Global Platform Bangladesh
- Support to roll out GP Networking interventions at Global Platform Bangladesh and localised youth hub.
- Support in the GPB training facilitation and youth hub activities
S/he will report to the Manager – Young People of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he has to maintain functional relationships with his/her peers in the team, strategic and organisational priority team, and project management team.
Required Educational Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a developmental organization, particularly working with the movements of young people and/or support for youth-led change.
- Knowledge and experience on:
- supporting youth-led action,
- directly working with activists and/or social movements
- facilitating intercultural networks
- Experience of facilitating youth networks, organizations etc.
- Experience with Global Platforms will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent skills in working with young people and building youth leadership.
- Excellent facilitation and advisory skills.
- Online facilitation and networking skills – connecting people around joined actions
- Excellent written and spoken Bengali and English.
- Ability to work independently and foster a team spirit.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural organization and teams
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Gender-sensitive and familiar with Human Rights-Based Approach; and
- Excellent knowledge and use of the internet, social media, and software packages (i.e. MS Office, etc) and Zoom.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
- Last date of application is Sunday, 12 June 2022.
- Please click here to submit your application.
Job Source: Bdjobs Circular
Job Category: NGO Jobs